A night held in celebration of the start of the Christmas season in Bury St Edmunds
The Christmas Lights Switch-on involves the annual turning on of all the festive lights in the town and incorporates a charity and food and drink market.
There will be entertainment by local schools and West Suffolk College, fairground rides, penguins, Snowqueen and her Snowman, street entertainers and a face painter in Cornhill Walk.
Browse over 30 stalls, eat seasonal delights and watch in awe as the whole of the town lights up for the Christmas period from 3pm.
Timings for the evening:
- Event starts at 3pm
- Penguins arrive at 3pm and will leave at 6.30pm. They will be located outside Smart Step in Abbeygate Street
- 6 schools will be performing on stage from 3.30pm
- Snowqueen and her Snowman performing on stage from 5.15pm until 5.40pm
- Theatre Royal Pantomime characters will be on stage from 6.25pm
- A surprise and special performer on stage from 6.35pm
- Lights being switched on at 7pm by Jo Churchill MP
- West College Students performing from 7.05pm with headliners Blue Mean Eyes and an unnamed support act.
Don't forget there's free parking in all town centre car parks after 4pm too!
Take a look at the Christmas lights switch on in 2015:
Christmas Lights Switch-On event will be held on Thursday 17th November between 3pm and 8pm.
Don't miss the start of the festive season in Bury St Edmunds.
Contact Jackie from Ourburystedmunds email@example.com or call 01284 766258
Christmas Lights Switch-On -0001
Click here to view the entry for -0001